Q: Popping sound while idling.

My car is making a popping noise while idling and at lower rpms. When i first start the car it has an issue with idling. The rpm gauge will jump from 0 to 2 until it dies. Once i rev the engine a couple time that issue stops, however, the sound continues. I had something hit up under the car, there are no leakes and the sound is heard from in the car. Standing beside it you would never know there was an issue.

Hi there. One or more of the drive belt pulleys may be bent causing the engine to have erratic rpm’s when at idle and causing the engine to stall out at times. Open the hood with the engine running and watch the pulleys to see if anything is wobbling or if the belt is wobbling. If you need further assistance with the popping noise from the engine at idle, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.