VW CC 2010 Sport has pressur fuel too low code. How much ...

Q: VW CC 2010 Sport has pressur fuel too low code. How much is it to replace high pressure fuel pump

asked by on July 08, 2017

I have a VW CC 2010 Sport. Last we my car was stalled while I'm driving back home cause the brake system locked down my car. Then I had to get it towed back home. It ran fine after sitting a night home and I don't know why. So I made an appointment to the automotive I know. Then, on the way there, the car stalled again, and could not get back on. Some people tried to jump it with cable but nothing positively happened. After checking my car, the mechanic say the worst case it would have to pay up to $1800 to replace my high pressure fuel pump. However, when I checked the online part, it only costs around &200-$350. I wonder why his quote is too expensive and is there any change that would make it cheaper to be fixed? He is still diagnosing my car. Thank you so much.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a fuel supply problem in getting the proper amount of fuel to the fuel injectors. As you know, when you turn the key to on, the fuel pump is activated and the fuel system is primed with fuel at a specific pressure in order to supply the fuel injectors with enough fuel to start the motor. When this is less than what is needed in order for the motor to fire or in some cases higher than normal, you may notice an erratic fluctuation in engine RPMs, hard starting or a lack of power when accelerating as the engine may be starved for fuel if insufficient fuel pressure exists in the fuel system. This can happen when the pump itself is not working properly or when the fuel pressure regulator is not maintaining the proper fuel pressure in the fuel system causing the engine to starve for fuel. This can also happen when there is insufficient connectivity to the fuel injectors which can cause an intermittent fuel spray pattern into the intake system resulting in a lean fuel condition or the motor otherwise starving for fuel. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your fuel system.