Q: I have a 2012 Audi Q7 that consumes a quart of oil every 500 miles

asked by on September 17, 2017

My 2012 Audi Q7 V6 consumes a quart of oil every 500 miles, is this acceptable?

Smoke from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

This can happen for a couple of different reasons such as worn piston rings or leaking valve guide seals. Blue smoke coming from your exhaust generally means that the motor is burning the engine oil. When this happens, the engine oil is burned in the combustion chamber along with the fuel which is what generates the blue smoke coming from the exhaust. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr