Q: Problems with my CVT transmission.

Last night, my car started shaking heavily while driving, lost power and had trouble picking up speed from the intersection. When I put it in Neutral, the engine ran normally and responded normally to the accelerator. The car was shaking very strong in idle while waiting at the red light until I put it in Neutral. What could be the possible reasons and how to fix them?

Hi there. With the CVT system, there could be multiple internal transmission components or sensors that are causing this type of problem. However, it’s also possible that simply flushing the transmission fluid and changing the filter would resolve this problem. It is also conceivable that there is a vacuum leak or other fuel system problem that causes the engine to vibrate and have these issues while under a load (such as being in gear). Due to the fact that there are multiple possible sources of this issue, it is probably best to have a professional mechanic complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection first.

3. Problems with my CVT transmission.