Q: The interior lights flash when you press the brakes

We started noticing that when we press the brakes on our SUV, the 2nd and 3rd row ceiling lights would light up (once or twice). It is very annoying at night (very bright) and is a safety issue. It's almost as if there is a photographer in the back seat with their flash going off. I took it to the dealership and they were able to replicate it, but they can't find a fix. Called the manufacturer and they know it's an issue but they don't have a fix yet. Any idea what this could be (electrical)? And how can it be fixed?

For your particular vehicle there is a technical bulletin PL1268A, dated on March 4, 2015. It calls for the replacement of the two front overhead console lights with part number 23104411. If you are still under warranty, then it will be covered. If not, you have to pay for the repairs, unless you’re able to prove that you had the issue before the fix came out. If you want a second opinion on this, feel free to reach out to a qualified technician who can diagnose and fix this electrical issue.