I have a new question.

I have a new question. Mechanic's Assistant: Let me get you an Expert to help with that. Would you prefer to chat with Chad Farhat again? Yes ...

I have a new question. Mechanic's Assistant: Let me get you an Expert to help with that. Would you prefer to chat with Chad Farhat again? Yes

Automotive Expert
Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP. Hey thank you for request Please tell me the year make and model of the husband car and issue you are having Thanks Chad

2012 Hyundai Sonata 144,000 milesLately it sometimes struggles to start. He presses the ignition button and the radio comes on, air comes on, the battery appears to be functional but the car doesn't even try to turnover.
Automotive Expert
ok thank you for info If the battery checks out, have it checked at local parts store on their machine, they can test it under load sometimes if they are weak and not driven much that day , they can act up sitting overnight,it needs to have 12 volts and holding ,if you have a voltmeter, hook up to battery terminals and read it while the push start button is being pressed does it still reads a full 12 volt or drops below 10 volts? next check battery cables for being loose or corroded put your hands on the battery terminals and make sure no movement if that checks out, at 144k, the Push start switch could be intermittently not making a connection and that can be replaced, these will be the most common as long as the battery is not draining overnight and he is jump-starting it , then it will be more of BCM, body control module or security module ect , causing a battery drain and not allowing start-up, will be the worst-case scenario ,you can have that checked by having these modules scanned for fault in them If you have any follow up questions, please let me know using the reply button. If you are satisfied with my help, please let me know so we can complete your question. Thank You Chad Farhat ASE Certified Technician

Thank you!
Automotive Expert
Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue (You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again) or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician You are very Welcome If you need my assistance in the future, Start your Question with (FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY) or Go to my profile page You can also add me as Favorite expert for any future questions [http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800](//www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800)