Q: 2002 duramax went into limp mode after fluid ad filter change

asked by on October 06, 2016

changed the transmission fluid and filter.on mt 02 duramax Started it up put in gear. vehicle flashed a check engine light. Would not shift on forward gear. reverse works. oBD p0872 and p0700 code occurred/ All I did was change the fluid! What do I NEEd to DO To Fix it?

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, I can help you with this! When doing a transmission service for this vehicle, you will set a (DTC) trouble code for a low pressure condition with transmission. This is a normal condition when replacing the filter and fluid. The first plan of action would be to clear the code. You would need I scan tool or code reader that is able to perform this function.I recommend that you have a professional technician from YourMechanic come to your location to clear this code and take a look at your check engine light. The body code is a separate issue that could be look at that time also.