Q: What does it mean that my rotors are glazed? Is there anything I should do?

asked by on May 15, 2017

My back brakes may have glazed rotors according to my mechanic. Should there by any follow-up?

Brake Rotor/Disc Replacement $227.65 - $1080.24 Get a Quote

Usually when someone says the rotors are glazed, they mean that the surface has acquired a high polish form long term use. Sometimes this might lead to brakes that screech when you are coming to a stop. If that is the case, you will need to replace the rotors to quiet things down. If the brakes are not noisy and stop smoothly, then there is probably not any need to do anything. If you have a noise and you want to have your rotors replaced, contact Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your Honda and replace your brake rotors if necessary right there on the spot.