Q: Coolant leak - 2002 GMC Envoy

asked by on November 09, 2016

Its not overheating but it's leaking drops of coolant by the fan not the radiator

Hello. If the coolant leak is coming from a location near the cooling fan, this may suggest your water pump may be leaking. A common place for this to happen is from the water pump shaft as there is a seal in this area that prevents water from leaking from the shaft as it spins to turn the cooling fan. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your coolant leak so that this can be repaired.