Q: Door locks issue on a '98 Dodge Caravan

asked by on May 19, 2016

I have a 1998 Dodge Caravan 3.3 L. Lately, my door locks have been acting up every 30-40 seconds. Is there any fix for that?

The most common thing for that is the master switch on the driver’s side would go bad and they short out and keep making them pop up and down. So a lot of times, just changing the master switch fixes the whole thing. If you want to test it, just take the master switch off and unplug it. If you unplug it and it stops doing it, then it is definitely a bad master switch. If it’s not that, it can get really complicated, ranging from things like body control modules, computers, or remotes. If you need help having this diagnosed, a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to inspect your door locks and make any needed repairs.