Q: 2005 Ford Escape won't start after changing some parts.

Hi my name is Kyle. I had to replace my cv shaft and bearing and hub and lower ball joint and a arm. Now after I put it all together. It will not start up at all. I tried chargeing the battery. I took the hot wire off the battery for 30 min or so but it still will not start.

Hi there, thank you for writing in about your 2005 Ford Escape. You need to look at the dashboard to see if the theft light is on or blinking. You need to try a different key (if you have one) to see if the key is not deactivating the theft system. If the light is not on, then have the system scanned to see if the crankshaft sensor and fuel pump is pumping. The work you did most likely had nothing to do with the problem unless you caused the fuel inertia switch to trip. The inertia switch is in the passenger side front side kick panel. Try resetting it. If you still are having problems, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to the site of the car and diagnose the starting issue.