Q: No start after transmission overheated

asked by on December 08, 2016

While driving, engine light came on, then battery light, them red dot starting blinking, then engine temperature gauge went down. Finally display message reads trans over temp. I pulled over and called a wrecker. I tried to jump it. It wouldn't start. When pulled it to a repair shop. They changed the wireless ignition module and com . It still won't start. Please help.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. A no start condition can be caused by many things. If the vehicle shut off after the trans temp message came on it may be possible that the stalling was transmission related. Most transmission and engine computers are programmed to shut the engine off if they detect that temperatures are too high, in order to protect the engine. Stalling can also be caused by issues with fuel, ignition, or engine management systems. If any of the components, such as the fuel pump, ignition coil, or crank position sensor ail they can cause the engine to stall. If the vehicle is no longer starting I would scan the computer for trouble codes, as they will likely reveal some insight into what the issue may be. As these sorts of issues can sometimes be difficult to diagnose, especially if they may be transmission related, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose what may be the cause of your no start condition.