Q: I heard a loud pop when driving on the expressway then noticed my C/H gague was going all the way up to the H do you think you can

I was driving down the freeway about 60/65 miles per hour and heard a loud pop I thought I ran something over and I kept driving I notice about an half hour later my C/H gauge was going all the way to the H and coming back down

A: This sounds like you broke the serpentine b...

This sounds like you broke the serpentine belt for the water pump, or one of the hoses came off, causing a loss of coolant, and the engine to overheat. Have the overheating issue diagnosed, and have the serpentine belt replaced, if deemed necessary.