Q: I hear a rattling noise when my truck is parked. But when I drive it the noise stops. It sounds like a metal ball is rattling around.

When parked it sounds like a ball is rattling around inside the truck. But as I drive, I do not hear the rattling if im driving under 40mph. Anything less than 40 mph i hear the rattling noise

Often, some exhaust components like heat shields or hangers may rust or become loose and rattle over time and is pretty common for the type of sound you’re describing. If you are not experiencing any drivability concerns, the rattle may be from something small. The best thing to do would be to have an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic take a close look around the vehicle under the conditions that makes the noise the most prominent so the technician may offer a more personal diagnosis.

• I hear a rattling noise when my truck is parked. But when I drive it the noise stops. It sounds like a metal ball is rattling around.