Q: Intermittent starting problem.

asked by on November 16, 2016

sometimes car is not starting, no sound. it starts only after pushing the car front and back in parking few times.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi. There may be a couple of reasons why this could be happening. There could be an intermittent problem with the starter not engaging when it should be. This is usually caused by a problem inside the starter solenoid.

Another possible cause of the problem you are having could be a bad neutral safety switch. The neutral safety switch is what allows you to start the car in "Park" and in "Neutral" only. If the neutral safety switch is having an intermittent problem, it will prevent the car from starting at times. Sometimes, the pushing movement may help the car to start.

It is recommended that you get a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect and diagnose why your car is not starting.