Q: Car is running crappy sounds like a v8 truck with dual exaust.

Rough idle when stopped like 800 or 900 rpms and constant noise when under load had 2 cilinders misfiring changed all 6 plugs and wires got some power back still sounds bad though auto parts store ran codes said a valve was stuck open idk if it's a valve because went to another parts store and they said it was cat clogged up so I'm not sure plus my egr is pretty rusted motors only got 93000on it its turning into a headache

If the engine exhaust sounds very loud, there may be a loose or broken component like a cracked manifold or rusted pipe section like on your egr valve. A technician will be able to look over the vehicle listening for the source of the noise to pinpoint the area and observe what’s going on there. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come by and take a closer look at the vehicle and listen for the noise to offer a more personal diagnosis.

Hello. I would try to get the specific trouble code that was retrieved as it will likely shed some light on what the issue may be. If there was a code for a stuck valve then it may be possible that the EGR valve is the valve may be stuck. The EGR, short for exhaust gas recirculation, system is an emissions system that is designed to recirculat exhaust gases back into the engine to reduce cylinder temperatures and N0x emissions. As it is exhaust gasses that flow through the EGR valve, it is not uncommon for EGR valves to get stuck or clogged due to soot or rust, as a result of the exhaust gasses. A stuck open EGR will essentially cause a vacuum leak, allowing unmetered exhaust gases into the intake, which can cause performance problems similar to those you are experiencing. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine if the EGR valve needs to be replaced, or another service rendered.

3. Car is running crappy sounds like a v8 truck with dual exaust.