Q: Problems with my truck slowing down.

The truck will be going a certain speed and will then begin to slow down excessively when I am out of the throttle. The rpm lowers with it. All of the gauges are normal on my dashboard. Service engine soon light is on but that is normal with the truck because it has been on for as long as I can remember. I do not believe it is brakes because I have had brake problems before and it is not brakes. Thank you.

A: The service engine soon message is not norm...

The service engine soon message is not normal even if it has been on. One fault code can trigger the light and more codes can pop up while the light is on. If you smell a burning smell after driving a while and the wheels are very hot to touch, you may have a sticking brake caliper.

The engine computer may have a fault code stored that could shed some light on your problem. To avoid any unncessary repairs, consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic to take a look at what's going on, diagnose the engine light, and make the necessary repairs.