Q: Roof doesn’t work

Certain issues in a vehicle can really make me wonder about the overall quality, and the dome light (next to the sunroof) leaking water in my 2007 Jeep Patriot with just 54,000 miles on it is just one such issue. How can you make a car with a leaky roof? Roof technology has been improving a lot over the last entire duration of the human race, so when more advanced things like wheels and electricity are involved, I worry. I need to fix this so I can trade this car in for more than a keychain. What’s the best way?

Unfortunately this is an issue that has plagued Patriots for years, with apparently no one solution that proved reliable in all cases. However, there are two procedures that have proven effective in a lot of cases: Replace the sunroof seal Clean out the sunroof drain tube In some cases, these repairs were temporary, and worked for a while. The most suspected root cause of water entering in the first place is faulty welds. Jeep has yet to address or issue a recall on this issue.