Q: Car jumping and vibrating heavily

asked by on February 04, 2016

The car is jumpy and vibrates heavily when idling. The Check Engine light is also on.

Throttle Body Replacement $252.08 - $1771.29 Get a Quote
Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

These symptoms could have numerous causes. The first step is to retrieve the diagnostic trouble code (DTC) associated with the Check Engine Light. This code provides a starting point for the diagnostic procedure. There is a technical service bulletin (TSB) I found that might be related to your issue. The TSB is number 10-21-6, and it states an unstable idle and Check Engine Light may be caused by a faulty throttle body. It also says that replacing your throttle body is the remedy. A trained mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to inspect your vehicle’s vibrating issue and tell you if this repair applies to your vehicle.