Q: I'm looking at a VW JETTA 2003 1.8T for my son. It's an awesome little car in excellent condition. Is this a bad idea for use as a daily driver? 2003 VW Jetta

Looking at a used VW Jetta 1.8t 2003 for a daily driver ..is this a bad idea? Car is in excellent shape and decent miles other wise I wouldn't even consider it. I tried posting this earlier so I apologize if it's on here twice

Hello - awesome little car indeed! Despite the usual caveat of high-performance cars for (relatively) new drivers, a small sedan like this is a great choice. The usual cautions about taking care of turbocharged engines apply here - always use synthetic oil, service the engine on schedule, always let it idle for a minute or two if possible after driving it vigorously to let the turbo cool, and watch for any signs of overheating or smoke that would suggest a blown head gasket or turbocharger oil seal leak - clogs the catalytic converter. I would suggest a pre-purchase inspection of any potential purchase, performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to the vehicle location, inspect it thoroughly, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for any needed repairs.

3. I'm looking at a VW JETTA 2003 1.8T for my son. It's an awesome little car in excellent condition. Is this a bad idea for use as a daily driver? 2003 VW Jetta