Q: Have a jeep liberty 3.7 and it overheats and runs rough at idle and sometimes hard to start.Also throwing misfire codes 1 and 5

2010 jeep liberty 3.7 hard to start and rough idle at start.Also overheating when idling or in traffic and it's also having misfires in cylinder 1 and 5.Have added some coolant but not a lot.When it's hot it's hard to start sometimes.

Hello, thank you for writing in. There is a chance that the misfiring is being caused by the coolant leak/overheating issue. The first thing you want to do is find the source of the coolant leak, and take corrective action. If you see coolant leaking, then the leak is exterior and will be easy to locate. If you cannot see a coolant leak, but you are losing coolant, then the leak is interior and likely a head gasket. If the head gasket is leaking, the cylinders may become fouled with coolant and cause a misfire. When the spark plugs have coolant contamination, it may also cause issues when starting. You may want to switch out the spark plugs to make sure they are not the issue. If the issue is not resolved by fixing the coolant leak and replacing your spark plugs, then you will need to dig into the misfiring issue deeper. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Have a jeep liberty 3.7 and it overheats and runs rough at idle and sometimes hard to start.Also throwing misfire codes 1 and 5