Q: OD light flaahing after transmission fluid flush

asked by on July 02, 2017

I had my transmission rebuilt at 144000 miles on a 2003 ford windstar. The vehicle now has 185000 and just recently had a transmission flush with new filter The vehicle od light now flashes and jerks shifting from 2nd to 3rd. The engine as revs at 3.5k rpm at 70 mph on the freeway.

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Typically a transmission fluid flush and filter change would resolve these type of symptoms. However, it is possible that an inner seal is damaged, that may have been pushed out during the fluid flush. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to shift inspection to determine the root source of your problems and recommend the right repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr