Q: Is the service park assist system alert just about the parking assist malfunctioning or should I worry that the car is going to st

My service park assist system alert came on this morning for the first time ever. I thought it was just about the back up lights so I was not worried until I googled it and people were saying that it is about the transmission and that the car will lose power. Is that the case or is it just about the parking assist. I have a jeep 2007 commander so I have no camera just the beeping alert when backing up. Please help, I have a small child that rides in the jeep and do not want to drive it if it means something more serious. Thank you in advance, Susanne grant

You have sensors in the front and rear bumpers that will sense when getting too close to something. Go around and look for small round sensors and wipe them clean with a soft cloth. If problem continues then have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to scan the system using a scanner that can access the body control module and engine controls. If any codes are stored then they can be diagnosed by the mechanic.

3. Is the service park assist system alert just about the parking assist malfunctioning or should I worry that the car is going to st