Q: The front passenger door will not unlock or open. How can I fix this? What part do I need? 2002 Ford Escape

The front passenger door will not open. When unlock button is pushed it barely moves. I think something is not catching. It seemed to happen when my daughter pulled on the door handle. While I was trying to unlock it. Please help! Thanks

Hi there - this sounds like the door lock actuator has failed. This a common failure over the years, especially with high-use doors like the front ones. I recommend a car door lock actuator replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, and make this repair.

3. The front passenger door will not unlock or open. How can I fix this? What part do I need? 2002 Ford Escape