Q: Check Engine light after working on a leaking exhaust and dusting the engine on the intake manifold.

Check Engine light came up after working on a leaking exhaust and dusting the engine filter on the intake manifold. The exhaust was completely removed to allow for proper welding. while this was ongoing, i removed the engine filter to be dusted. The next day, engine light came up. i checked the gas cap and i found it lose, so i tighten it and removed the battery fitting for some minutes. CEL went off. The next day its back on. kindly help.

The check engine light typically illuminates when an error or fault is discovered and stored in the ECU of your Toyota. In order to determine what triggered the error code, you’ll have to have a professional mechanic complete a check engine light inspection. This will permit them to download the error codes and trace the root problem.

• Check Engine light after working on a leaking exhaust and dusting the engine on the intake manifold.