Q: Check engine light and stalling

Car ran perfect slight idle issues rarely. Went dead, put a new battery on it would start the kill out. The car would go then lock My car has had rare idling issues throughout time. Last night came back from a trip & the car ran perfect. Woke up & the car was completely dead. Got a new battery & drove it. When i first started it jerked kinda but figured it juss needed to be ran. While driving the check engine light would come on & then die out completely. Wheel & brake lock up. It would start back up but while trying to keep going i stayed on the gas & the rpms would stick at 3. It did this multiple times & luckily i made it home. Its christmas im poor & really need help with this one. Idk if its the alternator or something to do with the idleing issue & i had someone tell me about it being the throttle body. I really need help & soon!

Hello. The symptoms you describe can be caused by many things. An issue with the engine management, fuel, or ignition systems can all cause performance issues, and if serious enough, stalling. Anything ranging from a bad engine management sensor, to a faulty fuel pump, can cause the vehicle to experience issues if it It may be possible that a faulty electronic throttle body is the source of the issue, however a proper diagnosis would be required to determine if that is the case. If the check engine light is on then retrieving the trouble codes will likely shed some light on what the issue may be. As it appears that the issues could be serious, serious enough to cause stalling, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose what is setting off the light, and if it is related to your stalling issues.

3. Check engine light and stalling