Q: 2007 Honda Odyssey, 102K miles. Started hearing some engine noise when turning steering wheel at low speed couple of weeks ago. En

2007 Honda Odyssey, 102K miles. Started hearing some engine noise when turning steering wheel at low speed couple of weeks ago. Engine check light with flashing D came on yesterday. AutoZone checked the code and said it's P1717. Engine check light disappeared today. What could be the problem with the vehicle? Is Engine making noise and Engine check light related or different?

The noise associated with steering at low speed is not related to the fault causing code P1717 to display. The steering related noise could involve the power steering pump and/or drive belt although there are other possibilities. To pinpoint the source of the noise you are hearing, the recommended service is a power steering system inspection.

With regard to code P1717, that code sets if there is a problem involving the transmission selector range switch. Among the possible faults is a faulty transmission range switch, the transmission range switch harness is open or shorted and/or the transmission range switch circuit has high resistance electrical connections. To resolve that issue, the appropriate service is a check engine light diagnostic - code P1717. During such a diagnostic, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would retrieve all the diagnostic trouble code(s) from your car’s PCM that have caused the check engine light to illuminate. Using those codes, the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems (often a sensor, circuit, and the like) are tested to pinpoint the cause of the fault or the reason why the check engine light has illuminated. Once the faulty part or component is identified, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. 2007 Honda Odyssey, 102K miles. Started hearing some engine noise when turning steering wheel at low speed couple of weeks ago. En