Q: Car loses throttle and starts to putter then Car computer says engine power reduced then engine disabled.

Car loses power and starts to putter then dash computer says engine power reduced then engine disabled also power steering disabled

Hi there. It is very likely that you are having problems with the throttle body on your Pontiac G6. If you are seeing the reduced engine power light on the dash, it is typically triggered by a faulty throttle body, throttle position sensor or malfunctioning O2 sensors. I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a reduced power light inspection.

3. Car loses throttle and starts to putter then Car computer says engine power reduced then engine disabled.