Q: Small coolant leak 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan

asked by on March 01, 2017

I've had a small coolant leak for some time and it seems to be getting bigger I now have two small puddles versus just the one on the driver's side one on the driver's side which looks to be coming from a hose the main house and one on the passenger side maybe from a lower hose my question is can I put pepper in the radiator as a small sealant if so how much it seems as if I'm putting coolant in once a week and I feel both the radiator and the reservoir and there's not a lot of pressure on the main radiator hose being that it has a lot of miles I'm not looking to put in a bunch of money especially if it's going to be spending $800 fix just looking for a simple solution

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there - while adding ground pepper to a leaky cooling system may stem a leak, this would seem to require a great deal of pepper! Other "cooling system sealers" may stop a slow leak, but tend to put a coating on the inside of the cooling system that makes overheating easier to achieve. The correct response is to fix the real cause of the leak properly. I recommend an coolant system leak inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.