Q: Canister purge valve issue. What will happen if I don't fix it right away?

I know the issue is the canister purge valve but my question is, how bad can it get if I don't fix? I just don't have the money to Fix it right now, and what major problems can it cause?

A: Hey there. The main issue with not repairin...

Hey there. The main issue with not repairing the EVAP system is that of passing an emissions test as required in most states. Anytime this system is not working properly, your car will not pass an emissions test.

The other issue that may be troublesome is the fact that when this system is not working properly, as with most of the car's major systems, this will trigger the Check Engine Light to come on. By not fixing this, the Check Engine Light will remain on and by allowing it to stay on, you will now not know the difference when something else major might be wrong since the light will already be on. The danger to this is that you may not discover something else wrong until it is too late. If you are looking to have this done, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to replace the evaporation canister purge valve as necessary.