Q: When car is off and in park I can turn the wheel left and right and makes a clicking/clicking noise.i have changed both ball j LRT

asked by on April 24, 2017

When the car is off and in park I can turn the wheel left and right and makes a clicking noise.i have changed both ball j left lower T rod and just replaced the driver side axel and still makes the same noise...

The noise will be most easily pinpointed if you have an assistant turn the wheel while you, or a mechanic, hone in on the location. There are quite a few other potential sources of the noise such as the upper strut bearing plate, the rack and pinion unit, the flexible union between the steering shaft and the rack unit, any tie rods ends not replaced, loose lug nuts or wheel bearings, the sway bar links and so forth. Again, in a circumstance like this, rather than guess, it is best to let a trained ear get up close and that will pinpoint the origin. If you request a vehicle noise diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.