Q: Tips for sap removal?

sap has hardened, but has not turned black. I have not tried all the methods you've suggested and have both WD 40 and goof off or goo gone somewhere. Have had limited success with bug and tar remover by turtle wax. Guess it's a longterm project at this point....

The first thing to try since it is hardened is to use a hot soapy water solution. Have the water as hot as you can stand it without burning your hands. The hottest water can be poured onto the sap from a kettle and then a hot soapy clean rag or sponge can be used to remove the sap. Use small motions to remove sap so you do not spread it.

If the sap cannot all be removed then using a commercial sap remover that you can get at most parts stores should be used per direction on the cleaner you get so you do not harm the paint on the car.

If you still cannot get it to come off then I would recommend seeking professional help from a car detailer or body shop. You most like have referred to our article about removing sap from your car.

You may see online people using paint thinners, alcohol, or other harsh chemicals that may harm the paint surface if used incorrectly so be wary.

Once you get the sap off of the car then apply a good quality wax to protect the surface after cleaning since it stripped off any wax that was on the paint before cleaning off the sap.

Best of luck!