Q: How do I stop if the normal stopping procedure doesn’t work?

How do I stop if the normal stopping procedure doesn’t work?

If your car is working normally, coming to a stop isn’t that complicated. You just press the brake pedal and steer the car as needed. However, if the normal stopping procedure cannot be used because the engine has cut off or the electrical system isn’t working properly, you need to know what to do. Follow these simple steps:

1. Put both feet on the brake pedal (you may need to account for additional force required to stop the car).

2. Press firmly and steadily on the pedal (don’t pump the brakes, as this can make it harder to stop).

3. Put the transmission into neutral.

4. Once you’ve slowed enough, pull over somewhere safe.

5. Cut the engine off.

6. If you cannot put the transmission into neutral as mentioned in step 3, keep your feet on the brake pedal until you’ve slowed enough to pull over and stop.

7. Have the car towed and inspected.

3. How do I stop if the normal stopping procedure doesn’t work?