Q: Headlights don't work on low beam

I'm having some problems with the headlights in my van. I had the switch replaced but it didn't help. They work on high beam but are unresponsive when I turn the low beam. I checked the fuses under the dashboard and it all seems fine. Also, there are no burnt fuses under the hood. Is there any way I could set them up to work? Any ideas?

A: Hello. Other than what you’ve already check...

Hello. Other than what you’ve already checked on your 2002 Dodge Ram 1500, there are only a few things that could cause the issue you’re having. A faulty multifunction switch in the steering column, a faulty body control module under the dash, or broken/corroded wiring in the headlight circuit. You can wire in an aftermarket switch to control the lights if you want to go that route. But in my opinion, it is best to keep the headlights wired to the factory circuit. To have this taken care of, I recommend having a certified technician from YourMechanic come to you in person to diagnose and repair the headlight.