Q: Car sporadically stalls when at very low speed or stopped 2011 Volkswagon Jetta

Over the past three months, my car started experiencing difficulty cranking and stalling sporadically. More recent, the cranking became even worse. The Volkswagen dealership was able to fix the cranking problem, but I have taken my car to several dealerships, at least two VW dealerships, and no one have been able to identify what is causing the car to stall. No codes are putting out. The stalling is happening more frequent now that the other problem was fixed. It tends to stall out at low speeds; such as taking off or slowing down. Right now, I am being told my harness wires may need replacing, but we continue to invest money and it is not fixing the problem. Help

Hello - it would be useful to know what the "successful" dealer did that improved the hard starting problem. These problems may or may not be related. What is the behavior when it shuts off? Can you start it right back up immediately, or does it remain "dead" for a few minutes (something needs to cool down?)? Do you have spark at the plugs after it shuts off (if it refuses to crank right back up)? Spark failure after a stall might be a crankshaft position sensorthat is beginning to fail. Random electrical faults due to bad wiring are a nightmare to diagnose, but the clues are still important in doing so. I recommend a stalling inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Car sporadically stalls when at very low speed or stopped 2011 Volkswagon Jetta