Q: Climate buttons - 2014 Ford Edge

Hi...I have Edge sport 2014 and I'm facing a problem. When I turn on the the engine by remote or inside the car..then I push start button...the touch buttons of climate on the lift side with source button dont work...the buttons work after a while..sometime work directly and sometimes not..any idea? The right side works fine..and the buttons of climate on myford touch are working fine.

Thanks

A: Ford has admitted there are issues with the...

Ford has admitted there are issues with the climate control on some of these vehicles. At first it sounds like a wiring issues. There may be a short or fault in the circuit somewhere in the system. These issues are hard to diagnose without further testing. You may want to attempt to perform a reset/ diagnostic test on the vehicle. This will show you any codes that has to be triggered by the computer. This is a good place to start, and see if anything appears to be relevant to the climate control. For exact instructions on how to perform the test, you will want to seek a repair guide or your owner's manual. If you would like to have someone take care of this for you, I would recommend taking the vehicle to the dealer for this type of repair.