Q: Engine light came on suddenly

Suddenly engine light came on as well as a message saying reduced engine power and service traction control? The car doesn't feel to be running any differently but I'm terrified to drive it! What could this be? I recently took it in to have it serviced for the air bag recall required by Chevy and they didn't find any other issues, although the seat belt light is on again now.

Hello. Typically when the reduced engine power light becomes a factor, the engine itself runs much slower and will lack power on acceleration. The vehicle needs to be scanned for diagnostic codes. From there the codes we already know are alarming can be ignored, and you may be able to find a code that is related to the actual problem. Due to the engine not having any driving issues, there is likely something wrong with the sensors or the computer. This would include any issues with the power supply and fuses. Only further testing will tell, but there is likely a bad ground, short, bad fuse box, issue with the computer, or other electrical fault. Start by having the vehicle scanned, and take diagnostics from there.

3. Engine light came on suddenly