Q: Engine light on,steering wheel locked ,engine turn but truck don't start

asked by on December 07, 2017

I turn my key on engine cranks,truck does not start,engine lights is on and steering wheel is locked, battery is a month old

Inasmuch as the check engine light is on, trouble codes have been stored. Those trouble codes may be related to the no start condition and so the first thing to do is download the codes. If you desire, you can request a check engine light diagnostic and a certified mechanic from YourMechanic will follow up on the codes. If the mechanic determines that the codes are not relevant to the no start, although they will have to be eventually resolved, the mechanic will of course conduct a no start diagnostic and get your vehicle running. If you have further questions or concerns as you decide what to do, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.