Q: Satellite radio error codes

What are the various satellite radio error codes and what do they mean?

While your car’s satellite radio should operate without any problems for the most part, there are a number of codes and messages that may be displayed on the screen. Understanding these is important. Here’s what you should know:

• Acquiring: This means the radio is acquiring satellite signal. It will last for only a little while.

• Sat Fault: There’s a problem with the system. If it doesn’t clear after turning the engine on and off, have the radio inspected.

• Invalid Chnl: This channel is no longer available (SIRIUS has removed it).

• Unsubscribed: You don’t have access to this channel. You can add it to your subscription by contacting SIRIUS.

• No Text: This means that artist and/or song information isn’t available. It can also mean that category information isn’t available. All are normal.

• No Signal: You don’t have satellite signal at the moment. It should clear up when your car moves away from the obstacle.

• Updating: This means your system is being updated with the latest channel information.

• Call SIRIUS: Call the number on the screen to renew your service agreement (you won’t have satellite radio until you do).

3. Satellite radio error codes