Q: Satellite radio error codes

What are the various satellite radio error codes and what do they mean?

A: While your car’s satellite radio should ope...

While your car’s satellite radio should operate without any problems for the most part, there are a number of codes and messages that may be displayed on the screen. Understanding these is important. Here’s what you should know:

• Acquiring: This means the radio is acquiring satellite signal. It will last for only a little while.

• Sat Fault: There’s a problem with the system. If it doesn’t clear after turning the engine on and off, have the radio inspected.

• Invalid Chnl: This channel is no longer available (SIRIUS has removed it).

• Unsubscribed: You don’t have access to this channel. You can add it to your subscription by contacting SIRIUS.

• No Text: This means that artist and/or song information isn’t available. It can also mean that category information isn’t available. All are normal.

• No Signal: You don’t have satellite signal at the moment. It should clear up when your car moves away from the obstacle.

• Updating: This means your system is being updated with the latest channel information.

• Call SIRIUS: Call the number on the screen to renew your service agreement (you won’t have satellite radio until you do).