Q: My Taurus will crank but will not start as it is not getting fuel. I installed a new fuel pump relay switch but it did not work.

My Taurus will crank but will not start as it is not getting fuel. I installed a new fuel pump relay switch but it did not work. I also don't hear anything from the fuel pump when it's in the accessory position. I do not know if it is the fuel pump or if it could be something else.

A: Hello there, thanks for writing in. I’d be ...

Hello there, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to offer my insight. Many different faults can cause your 2013 Ford Taurus to crank but not start. The most common would be the battery. Before any other diagnosis is done, the first step I would do is load test the battery and make sure it is charged and capable of starting the vehicle. If the battery tests okay, there other likely causes such as the fuel pump, fuel filter, starter, battery cable, ignition switch, or wiring harness fault. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your crank no start and make any repairs required. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.