Q: 2013 BMW 528i Maintenance Costs

hi, i am thinking of getting a used 2013 BMW 528i. Currently it has 13.5 K miles. Have the following ques: Do you think this will be a good car to own? Also, what will be the avg. annual costs on maintenance per year? And, how much do you think this car will run? 80 K miles or more. What is the max recommended miles before I should think of selling? Many thanks.

A: This is a great car that performs well and ...

This is a great car that performs well and runs very efficiently. As to the average annual maintenance costs per year, this may be tough to say as everyone’s driving habits are different which require different maintenance intervals. As for the mileage, the same is again true in that everyone has different driving styles and thus, will require different maintenance costs. With that being said, if the car is maintained well, it should last well beyond 100k miles. Another thing to consider is the condition of the car before purchasing which has a lot to do with the prior owner’s maintenance habits and schedule. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic pre-purchase inspection of the car prior to purchasing it in order to give you an indication of the car’s overall condition.