Q: Secondary air injection

I have a secondary air injection pump that has gone bad. I just replaced the timing belt and a few other things on the Audi Quattro TT '03 model. MY engine light is on because it states I need to replace the secondary air injection pump. Is it safe to drive a couple thousand miles before I replace this part. At the time I am running short on funds due to other medical issues going on with my wife. Will driving the car without replacing this pump immediately damage the car or further damage the car in any way?

Thanks,

David A>

If you referring to Code P0411 or related codes involving just the secondary air injection system, and no other vehicle components, there is no harm in putting off the repair, excepting of course engine emissions (pollution) will be slighter higher than if the air injection system was functioning properly. No harm will come to the engine or other systems. The problem can be diagnosed and repaired using YourMechanic’s mobile service which is more economical than shop repairs. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed, and repaired as needed, by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an air pump diagnostic/replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Secondary air injection