Q: Car not accelerating after I put iridium spark plugs and cleaned my throttle body.

asked by on April 20, 2017

I drive a 2002 toyota corolla S andI replaced my copper spark plugs with iridium spark plugs, and then cleaned my throttle body with carp and throttle body cleaner. My car ran as normal last night; it accelerated like normal, and drove like normal. But this morning, I turn my car on and my check engine light comes on and it accelerates reaaaaaaly slowly. Just what an earth happened?

When you cleaner the throttle body you most likely sprayed the cleaning fluid directly into the throttle body to clean it out instead of spraying a rag and wiping it out. The cleaner got into the throttle position sensor and overnight the fluid shorted the windings of the internal wires of the throttle position sensor. You will need to have the computer tested to see if you have TPS codes and sensor is not responding to throttle opening. Replace the TPS or throttle body as required.