Q: My chevy hhr is having sluggish accerlation and knocking sounds in the front and rear wheels

My Chevy hhr is having sluggish accerlation and knocking sound in the rear and front wheels

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle may be having engine issues, or it may be having wheel/suspension issues. The first thing to determine is if the noise occurs as long as the car is on, or if it only happens while driving. If the noise starts when the engine is turned on, and or gets louder when accelerating, then it is engine related. In this case we want to start with a diagnostic OBD-II scan done at your local automotive parts store, or by a technician. If the noise only happens when the car is moving, then you may some sort of mechanical issue with the suspension or wheels. You would want to start with a full visual inspection of the front wheels, steering linkage, and suspension. Compare the two sides together or find a picture online for reference on what it should look like. Check to see if anything is bent, damaged, broken, or out of place. For more help with an inspection and repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. My chevy hhr is having sluggish accerlation and knocking sounds in the front and rear wheels