Q: My BMW 320i has smoke coming from the left side of the engine

asked by on December 14, 2016

Possible oil leak but not constant

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

You could have a small oil leak or even a coolant leak. When the fluid drops on a hot surface, it burns or boils. Coolant and oil leaks are easy to distinguish if you can get where you can smell it. The boiling coolant has a much sharper acrid smell that stings the eyes. If it is a small leak, it could be difficult to find. You may just have to trace it to a likely source by following the tracks of burnt fluid. It can be frustrating because it’s difficult to see into all of the nooks and crannies of the engine compartment. Your Mechanic can send a technician to your home or office to check out your leak for you and tell you what it is going to take to solve it.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr