Q: Truck wont shift into third gear after going over 25 mph 2005 Ford Expedition

asked by on December 29, 2016

truck wont speed up pass 50 mph and wont shift gears after going 25 mph just gets stuck in second gear and rpms shoot up to 2000

Gears slipping when accelerating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello - most likely the direct clutch in your transmission has failed, and a transmission rebuild is in order. Less likely, but possible - is a throttle position sensor failure. I would recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnose, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.