Q: Car wont run

Had to park my car for almost a year, today I bought new battery and out two gallons of gas in, topped off the oil and checked the water in the radiator, car wouldn't start so I sprayed starting fluid into the air intake and it cranked up three times, but each time immediately bogged off and shut down. It sounded like the fuel pump was clicking on,but not really sure. I've asked a few friends and the suggestion I've gotten is calming be fuel filter or changing the fuel pump , or that it's possibly the spark plugs. Can you give me a few ways to fish owe why it won't run, and possibly suggest a way to figure out how to get it to run.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a fuel supply problem in getting the proper amount of fuel to the fuel injectors. As you know, when you turn the key to on, the fuel pump is activated and the fuel system is primed with fuel at a specific pressure in order to supply the fuel injectors with enough fuel to start the motor. When this is less than what is needed in order for the motor to fire or in some cases higher than normal, you may notice an erratic fluctuation in engine RPMs, hard starting or a lack of power when accelerating as the engine may be starved for fuel if insufficient fuel pressure exists in the fuel system. This can happen when the pump itself is not working properly or when the fuel pressure regulator is not maintaining the proper fuel pressure in the fuel system causing the engine to starve for fuel. This can also happen when there is insufficient connectivity to the fuel injectors which can cause an intermittent fuel spray pattern into the intake system resulting in a lean fuel condition or the motor otherwise starving for fuel. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your fuel system.

3. Car wont run