Q: Faulty door locks

Three door locks won't open with key fob. I can open doors manually from inside. Driver's door can be opened manually with key inside the fob. I have two key fobs and have same problem with both. Audi dealer said replace three locks but could it be something central with fault.

Hello, and thank you for writing in. Getting a second opinion is always a good idea. Your vehicle has the option to open just the driver’s door, or to open all of the doors. Typically you click the key fob twice to unlock all of the doors. If this is not working, then you may have an issue with the key fob, or the body control module. With that being said, have you ever changed the batteries in the key fob? It is a quick and easy repair, but be gentle. A weak signal from the fob may limit its functions. If you believe the issue is beyond the key fob, then you should look into the control module for the circuit, and the locks themselves. For more help and an inspection, contact our service department and schedule an appointment.

3. Faulty door locks