Q: My seatbelt chime won't go off when my seatbelt isn't on

asked by on March 14, 2017

The seatbelt Icon comes up on the dash but the chime won't. After I start driving it goes away even when the seatbelts not even on. I really want this fixed. All the other chimes work like the ignition and all the speakers work. Really confused.

Hi there. This is one of those problems that is either easily solved or impossible to locate. In most cases, the warning chime function is linked in conjunction with the warning light itself. So, when the seat belt lamp illuminates, the warning light should "BING". In some instances, the chime is controlled by a fuse. There is a clip underneath the seat that connects the seat belt sensor to the ECU. It is possible that this clip has become loose and is causing the noise to not work correctly. It’s also possible that there is a default error code trapped in the ECU that is causing this issue. Unfortunately, as much as I would like to recommend having one of our mobile mechanics come to your location to resolve this issue for you, I think in this case, a Cadillac specialist or the dealership would be better equipped to help you resolve this issue.