Q: Car jerking at 25 MPH

When my car gets up to around 25 MPH, it shifts really bad and jerks. The car also has trouble accelerating.

A: Hello. From what you describe, it sound lik...

Hello. From what you describe, it sound like your transmission is slipping. The first thing to check would be the transmission fluid level. If the level is low, it will need to be topped up to the full level. If the fluid level is full, then the internal conditions of the transmission should be checked. The fluid should be a pinkish reddish color. If the fluid is black and smells burnt, that an indication that the transmission is slipping too much and has damaged the fluid. It sounds like you are slipping in 2nd and 3rd gear. If you would like have your car’s jerking issue inspected, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your location to test the vehicle for you.